What is Ayush?
AYUSH is the acronym of the medical systems practised in India, such as Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy. Earlier it was known as the Department of Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy (ISM&H). It was renamed Department of AYUSH in November 2003 to emphasise the development of Education and Research in Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy.
- Jan 20, 2022 Uttar Pradesh NEET Counselling 2021: Registration Begins Know more
- Jan 19, 2022 NEET UG 2021 Counselling: Registration begins today Know more
- Jan 19, 2022 NEET PG 2021: The seat allotment list will be released on 22nd Jan Know more
- MBBS in Russia Kursk State Medical University Russia 2022 Admission Open Know more
- MBBS in Kyrgyzstan LN Medical College Kyrgyzstan 2022 Admission Open Know more
- MBBS in Georgia Caucasus International University 2022 Admission Open Know more
- MBBS in Ukraine Zaporizhzhia State Medical University 2022 Admission Open Know more
Currently, the demand for Ayush courses is increasing day by day. In India, most standard students want to take admission in Ayush courses. Candidates can choose the paths like BAMS, BHMS, BNYS, BSMS, BUMS for studying the Ayush courses. The scope of Ayush is vast, including all Ayush courses, with a broad range of conditions that can affect different species.
AYUSH courses in India have gained popularity in the past decade after many people looked for alternative medicine options. Here are various techniques of AYUSH that candidates can choose based on their interests. Let’s have a look.
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)||Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects and obtained a minimum of 50% in physics; chemistry biology took together.||5 Years 6 Months|
|Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)||10+2 or any equivalent degree from a recognized university. An aggregate score of 50% at 10+2 level. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the compulsory subjects.||5 Years 6 Months|
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga Sciences (BNYS)||10+2 or any equivalent degree from a recognized university. An aggregate score of 50% at 10+2 level. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the compulsory subjects||5 Years 6 Months|
|Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS)||10+2 or any equivalent degree from a recognized university. An aggregate score of 50% at 10+2 level. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the compulsory subjects||5 Years 6 Months|
|Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)||Candidates must qualify in Class 12 or equivalent examination with science subject (Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 50% marks) with an optional subject as Urdu, Arabic or Persian at High school level.||4 Years 6 Months|
A candidate who wishes to take admission to the undergraduate AYUSH courses (BAMS/BHMS/ BUMS/BSMS/BNYS) must appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Admission to AYUSH courses will be based on NEET’s scores and overall rank.
A career in BAMS: Many promising opportunities are available for BAMS graduates. The areas which are available for a BAMS graduate to build career success can be broadly classified into the following five categories:
- Clinical practice
- Management and administration
- Drug manufacturing
Career in BHMS:
BHMS is an undergraduate degree program in the medical field. The career opportunity after completing BHMS is not only in India but also abroad. Many organizations working in the manufacturing and research field abroad require professionals in this field. Government institutions are also hiring many graduates in BHMS to serve the public. Some of the government sector jobs are as follows:
- Pharmacist at Government Homeopathic Dispensaries (GAD) & Hospitals.
- Teaching in Government colleges and Homoeopathy Institutes after doing BHMS
In the government sector, the salary of a homoeopathic doctor is Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 35,000 per month while in the private sector the salary starts from Rs. 20,000 per month. With some experience, one can get a more excellent compensation like Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50 000 per month.
Career in BUMS:
The career scope after finishing the BUMS course is not only in India but also abroad. Several research institutions and organizations are working in the construction and research department abroad, requiring professionals in this field. The applicant has the BUMS degree eligible to be called a Hakeem (Doctor) and qualified to do the private practice. An Unani practitioner may look at the career as a medical representative or doctor in an individual or government hospital. Some of the job profile is as follows:
In the government sector, the salary of an Unani doctor is 12000 to 15000 per month, while in the private sector, the pay starts from 15000 per month. With the experience of 2-4 years, one can get a more excellent salary like 20000 to 25000 per month.
Career in BAMS:
The scope of Ayurveda is projected with the other medical system not only in India but also in the world. After finishing the BAMS, courses are not alone in India and foreign nations. Several research institutions and organizations are working in the construction and research department abroad, requiring professionals in this field. The applicant has the BAMS degree eligible to be called a doctor and suitable for private practice. Some of the job profile is as follows:
- Ayurvedic doctor
- Medical representative
- Assistant claim manager health
Some universities provide a stipend of around 40 000 to 50,000 per month to the post-graduate doctors in the Ayurvedic field. In the job, an Ayurvedic professional may get a salary of Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 50000 according to the role and nature of their job profile.
Career in BNYS:
BNYS is much inquiring after completes the graduates in BNYS you can look ahead to brilliant career possibilities both at India and abroad. BNYS graduates land jobs with more special salary packages. Some of the job profile is as follows:
- Naturopathic Physician / Consultant
- Medical Researcher / Scientist
- Holistic Physician in Medi-Spas / Cruise ships
- Academician In Naturopathic Medical Institutions
- Yoga Consultant / Therapist
- Corporate / Wellness Consultant
Starting salary could be anywhere between 30-50 thousand INR. In a Government job, the salary will be based on the pay scale and grade.
A career in BSMS:
Siddha medicine is in increasing demand both within the nation and abroad because of its fuller acceptance as an alternative system of medicine. After Completing BSMS, an applicant has to register in the State Council for Indian Medicine / Register of Practitioners of Central Council of Indian Medicine to be eligible for practising Siddha medicine all over India. Some of the job profile is as follows:
- Junior doctors
- Asst. Medical officer
- Open one’s own retail shop of Siddha medicines.
- Join Pharmaceutical companies who are manufacturing Siddha medicines.
- Join in Research sectors and enter in allied science fields such as Bio-chemistry, Anatomy, and Environmental Toxicology.
The BSMS doctor’s monthly salary ranges from approximately Rs. 11 000 per month for Team Leader to Rs. 35 000 per month for General Manager.
Jobs Skill Requirement
- Fine motor skills
- Scientific bent of mind
- Curiosity and observation skills
Top Ayush Colleges
Here in this section, we have mentioned some best Ayush College colleges. Let’s checkout.
- Institute of medical sciences – [IMS], Varanasi
- Baba Farid University of health sciences – [BFUHS], Faridkot
- Datta might institute of medical sciences – [DMIMS], Wardha
- National Institute of Homoeopathy Kolkata, West Bengal
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Pune, Maharashtra
- Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University, Jaipur
- Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
- RVS Siddha Medical College, Coimbatore
- Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur
- The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University
- Dr NTR University of Health Sciences Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur
- Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University Jodhpur, RajasthanJamia Hamdard, New Delhi
How we can help you?
RM Group of Education feels proud in solving the candidate’s dilemma to identify the best college for MBBS. We understand not all can afford MBBS. With our top in class expert admission consultants, we help in domestic and overseas admission in top colleges around the globe. Our ISO Certified centre, dealing with 120+ courses, helped many students to achieve their dream of becoming a doctor. With a success rate of 96 per cent, we are one of the best consultancies in India.
- 50+ Expert career guidance & suggestions.
- Complete Interest-based counselling and career assistance support.
- 24×7*365 Days Notification panel access of major entrance exams in India.
- 1000+ Hand Written Notes & study materials support to boost Test preparation.
- Career Counseling assistance (Seat locking, Freezing & Documentation).
- Assured admission in 50+ MOU signed colleges across the country.
- Personalized counselling videos and live updates of major entrance exams in India.
Other Popular Courses
|Medicine (MBBS)||Click Here|
|Fashion Design||Click Here|
|Hotel Management||Click Here|
“Good, better, best. Never let it rest. ‘Til your good is better, and your better is best.” St. Jerome
For further information regarding the Engineering course, you can contact our Expert Counsellors by applying on https://rmgoe.org/
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Q- When does the RM Group of Education establish?
A- RM Group of Education was established in 2008.
Q- What does RM Group of Education do?
A- RM Group of Education provides career counselling, foreign admission assistance, and admission assurance in some top colleges.
Q- How many courses does RM Group of Education deal with?
A. RM Group of Education engages in 120+ courses, including top courses like engineering, law, medical, Ayush, pharma, dentistry etc.
Q- Why choose RM Group of Education?
A- RM Group of Education is an ISO 9001:2018 certified centre; it has satisfied more than 5000 students since its establishment.
Q- Does RM Group of Education has an accredited with trustworthy authority?
A- RM Group of Education is ISO 9001:2018 certified; it collaborates with National Skill Development Corporation and National Career Service.