What is Ayush?
AYUSH is the acronym of the medical systems that are being practiced in India such as Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy. Earlier it was known as the Department of Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy (ISM&H). It was renamed Department of AYUSH in November 2003 with a view to give more emphasis on the development of Education and Research in Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy.
Currently demand of Ayush courses increase day by day. In India most of common students wants to take admission in ayush courses. Candidates can choose the courses like BAMS, BHMS, BNYS, BSMS, BUMS for studying the Ayush courses. Scope of Ayush is vast, including all Ayush course, with a broad range of conditions which can affect different species.
AYUSH courses in India have gained popularity in the past decade after many people are looking for alternative medicine options. Here are various courses of AYUSH that candidates can choose based on their interest. Let’s have a look.
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)||Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects and obtained minimum 50% marks in physics, chemistry biology taken together.||5 Years 6 Months|
|Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)||10+2 or any equivalent degree from a recognized university. An aggregate score of 50% at 10+2 level. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the compulsory subjects.||5 Years 6 Months|
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga Sciences (BNYS)||10+2 or any equivalent degree from a recognized university. An aggregate score of 50% at 10+2 level. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the compulsory subjects||5 Years 6 Months|
|Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS)||10+2 or any equivalent degree from a recognized university. An aggregate score of 50% at 10+2 level. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the compulsory subjects||5 Years 6 Months|
|Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)||Candidates must qualify in Class 12 or equivalent examination with science subject (Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 50% marks) with a optional subject as Urdu, Arabic or Persian at High school level.||4 Years 6 Months|
Candidate who wish to take admission to the undergraduate AYUSH courses (BAMS/BHMS/ BUMS/BSMS/BNYS) have to appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Admission to AYUSH courses will be based on the scores and overall rank obtained in NEET
Career in BAMS: There are many promising opportunities available for BAMS graduates. The areas which are available for a BAMS graduate to build a career successfully can be broadly classified into the following five categories:
- Clinical practice
- Management and administration
- Drug manufacturing
Career in BHMS:
BHMS in an undergraduate degree program in medical field. The career opportunity after the completion of BHMS in not only in India but also in abroad. Many organizations are working in the manufacturing and research field in abroad are requiring and professional in this field. Government institutions are also hiring many graduates in BHMS to serve the public. Some of the government sector jobs are as follows:
- Pharmacist at Government Homeopathic Dispensaries (GAD) & Hospitals.
- Teaching in Government colleges and Homoeopathy Institutes after doing BHMS
In government sector the salary of a homeopathic doctor is Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 35,000 per month while in the private sector the salary starts from the Rs. 20,000 per month. With some experience, one can get the greater salary like Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50, 000 per month.
Career in BUMS:
The career scope after the finish of the BUMS course is not only in India but also in abroad. Several research institutions and organizations are working in the construction and research department in abroad are requiring the professional in this field. The applicant has the BUMS degree eligible to be called as a Hakeem (Doctor) and also qualified to do the private practice. An Unani practitioner may see at the career as a medical representative or as a doctor in an individual or government hospital. Some of the job profile is as follows:
In government sector the salary of a Unani doctor is 12000 to 15000 per month while in the private sector the salary starts from the 15000 per month. With the experience of 2-4 year, one can get the greater salary like 20000 to 25000 per month.
Career in BAMS:
Scope of Ayurveda is projecting with the other medical system not only in India but also the world. After the finish of the BAMS, courses are not alone in India but also in foreign nations. Several research institutions and organizations are working in the construction and research department in abroad are requiring the professional in this field. The applicant has the BAMS degree eligible to be called as a doctor and also eligible to do the private practice. Some of the job profile is as follows:
- Ayurvedic doctor
- Medical representative
- Assistant claim manager health
Some universities provide the stipend around 40, 000 to 50,000 per month to the post-graduate doctors in Ayurvedic field. In the job an Ayurvedic professional may get the salary from Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 50000 according the role and nature of his/her job profile.
Career in BNYS:
BNYS is much inquiring after completes the graduates in BNYS you can look ahead to brilliant career possibilities both at India and abroad. BNYS graduates land jobs with greater salary packages. Some of the job profile is as follows:
- Naturopathic Physician / Consultant
- Medical Researcher / Scientist
- Holististic Physician in Medi-Spas / Cruise ships
- Academician In Naturopathic Medical Institutions
- Yoga Consultant / Therapist
- Corporate / Wellness Consultant
Starting salary could be anywhere between 30-50 thousand INR. In case of a Government job, the salary will be based on the pay scale and grade.
Career in BSMS:
Siddha medicine is increasing demand both within the nation and abroad because of its fuller acceptance as an alternative system of medicine. After Completion of BSMS, an applicant has to register in the State Council for Indian Medicine / Register of Practitioners of Central Council of Indian Medicine, to be eligible for practising Siddha medicine all over India. Some of the job profile is as follows:
- Junior doctors
- Asst. Medical officer
- Open one’s own retail shop of Siddha medicines.
- Join Pharmaceutical companies who are manufacturing Siddha medicines.
- Join in Research sectors and enter in allied science fields such as Bio-chemistry, Anatomy, and Environmental Toxicology.
The BSMS doctor’s monthly salary ranges from approximately Rs. 11, 000 per month for Team Leader to Rs. 35, 000 per month for General Manager.
Jobs Skill Requirement
- Fine motor skills
- Scientific bent of mind
- Curiosity and observation skills
Top Ayush Colleges
Here in this section we have mentioned some best Ayush College colleges. Let’s checkout.
- Institute of medical sciences – [IMS], varanasi
- Baba Farid University of health sciences – [BFUHS], faridkot
- Datta meghe institute of medical sciences – [DMIMS], wardha
- National Institute of Homoeopathy Kolkata, West Bengal
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Pune, Maharshtra
- Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University, Jaipur
- Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
- RVS Siddha Medical College, Coimbatore
- Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur
- The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
- Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur
- Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University Jodhpur, RajasthanJamia Hamdard, New Delhi
How we can help you?
RM Group of Education, feel proud in solving the candidate’s dilemma to identify the best college for MBBS. We understand not all can afford MBBS. With our top in class expert admission consultants, we help in domestic as well as overseas admission in top colleges around the globe. Our ISO Certified centre, dealing with 120+ courses helped many students to achieve their dream of becoming a doctor. With a success rate of 96 per cent, we are one of the best consultancies in India.
- 50+ Expert career guidance & suggestions.
- Complete Interest based counseling and career assistance support.
- 24×7*365 Days Notification panel access of major entrance exams in India.
- 1000+ Hand Written Notes & study materials support to boost Test preparation.
- Career Counseling assistance (Seat locking, Freezing & Documentation).
- Assured admission in 50+ MOU signed colleges across the country.
- Personalized counseling videos and live updates of major entrance exams in India.
Other Popular Courses
|Medicine (MBBS)||Click Here|
|Fashion Design||Click Here|
|Hotel Management||Click Here|
“Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.”-Ralph Waldo Emerson
For Further information regarding Ayush course you can contact to our Expert Counsellors by applying on https://rmgoe.org/ApplyNow
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- What are the Ayush courses?A- The Ayush course consist following-
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery.
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery.
- Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga Sciences.
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery.
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery.
Q- Can Ayush doctors practice allopathy?A- Yes, In few states of India Ayush Doctors are allowed for allopathy which are : Karnataka , Maharashtra and Goa .Q- Can I do MD in allopathy after BHMS?A- No, MD in allopathy after BHMS is not allowed. MD in homeopathic medicines is allowed after BHMS. MD in allopathic is exclusive for allopathic graduates (MBBS). Q- Does BAMS have scope? A- BAMS scope is increasing day by day and it is is overlapping to the other medical system. The candidate having the BAMS degree is eligible to be called as a doctor and eligible to do the private practice. Q- When does RM Group of Education established?A- RM Group of Education was established in 2008.Q- What does RM Group of Education do?A- RM Group of Education provides services like career counselling, foreign admission assistance and admission assurance in some of the top colleges.Q- How many courses RM Group of Education deals with?A- RM Group of Education engages in 120+ course which includes top courses like engineering, law, medical, ayush, pharma, dentistry etc. Q- Why choose RM Group of Education?A- RM Group of Education is an ISO 9001:2018 certified centre, it has satisfied more than 5000 students since its establishment.Q- Does RM Group of Education is accredited with trust worthy authority?A- RM Group of Education is ISO 9001:2018 certified, it has association with National Skill Development Corporation and National Career Service.