But after hearing about medicine, you cannot see yourself making a career in it? Have you opted for the medical stream after class 10th because you love to study bio? Or, were you unable to clear the NEET exam, and now you feel apprehensive about the future? This article is for all those students living under the misconception that the career option for PCB students starts and ends with MBBS; it is time to wake up and smell the real deal.
- NEET-UG 2022: Application Form Started; Apply Till May 6
- NEET-UG 2022: Exam on July 17, 2022 (Sunday)
- NEET 2022 LMS: Prepare your NEET 2022 Exam with Top Faculty Classes, Notes, Papers, Quiz etc. Know more
Do you know that most students in India and their parents believe that after class 12th, the only career option for PCB students is to pursue medical, which surely puts a lot of strain on the child? Well, this is a hoax, and we will prove it to you. This article will widen your horizons beyond MBBS and discuss the Top 9 career options for PCB students after class 12th.
Top 9 Career Option For PCB Students After Class 12th Other than MBBS
Best career option for PCB students after Class 12th other than MBBS in Brief
1. Zoology: This subject can become the best career option for PCB students after 12th. It is an exciting field that includes the study of the animal kingdom. The work of a zoologist includes the analysis of the structure, life processes, genetics, physiology, classification and interaction of varied species in detail by observing different animals in their natural habitats.
2. Biochemistry: This is a branch of science that comprises studying chemical processes and living organisms. This course is a laboratory-based science that compiles biology and chemistry, as biochemists understand and resolve biological problems through chemistry concepts. For example, a biochemist may have to work to improve photosynthesis to improve the crop yield, discovery and development of a new chemical process to produce biofuel and more.
3. Environmental Science: This field is an essential discipline in modern times and includes studying the environment’s physical, chemical, and biological components and their interactions. Environmental scientist studies and investigates global warming, ozone depletion, waste management, water pollution, and more. They research these topics and develop an answer about how these issues can be dealt with.
4. Physiology: This field also makes for the best career option for PCB students after completing class 12th. Physiology is the study of bodily functions, activities, and mechanisms of living organisms, mainly humans. This field generally comprises studying various topics, including organs, anatomy, cells, biological compounds, muscles, and more and observing how they interact and work together to keep the body functioning. In addition to human physiology, some other field branches include plant physiology, cellular physiology, microbial physiology and more.
5. Marine Biology: This field of education comprises the study of marine organisms, including their behaviour and interaction with the environment. Another related field of career to marine biology is fishery science. For students who do not have any idea about this field must know that the area of marine biology is vastly diverse, and you will not find a single job titled as a marine biologist; there might be a chance that this title can be held by any professional closely involved with marine life and organisms.
6. Biophysics: It is a field of science that combines two areas of education: physics with the principles of biology. Biophysicists study the organism at the cellular and molecular level by using the methods and approaches of physics. This is an advancing field and involves various state-of-the-art technologies, physical measurements and computational models.
7. Food and Agriculture: This field of education is also becoming the best career option for PCB students to pursue after 12th. It is a wide domain that comprises various fields related to understanding biological and chemical processes that affect plants, dairy, and food production. It involves food science and technology, agronomy, horticulture, dairy technology, agriculture engineering and more.
8. Allied Medicine: This field suits those keen to pursue a medical career, yet the challenging path of MBBS does not excite them. Then the field of allied science is the right career option for PCB students. Again, this vast domain comprises various healthcare careers distinct from doctors yet assisting doctors in their work.
9. Botany: Along with the above-mentioned career option for PCB students, Botany is also considered the best choice. It is a well-established branch of biology that studies the structure, processes, growth and much more plants. Botanist is responsible for conducting research and observation to discover new species, study the interaction of plants with various other organisms in their ecosystem, the genetic formation of plants and more
Career Oportunities Other then MBBS
Here in this section, we are providing detailed information about a career possibility after completing these courses. Let’s have a look one by one.
|Zoology||A PCB student with a degree in Zoology can work as a researcher, animal breeder, wildlife rehabilitator, wildlife biologist, zoo curator, conservationist, professor in colleges and more.|
|Biochemistry||Since it is a growing career option for PCB students, a biochemist job includes various appealing opportunities to work as a biomedical scientist, forensic scientist, clinical laboratory technologist, toxicologist, research scientist, healthcare scientist, pharmaceutical sales representative, lab technician, professor, consultants and more.|
|Environmental Science||Environmental scientists can be hired as researchers and for other roles in industries like mines, water-treatment plants, fertilisers, and many government departments like forestry, pollution control board, agriculture, and more.|
|Physiology||This field’s professional career paths include working as a clinical exercise physiologist, biomedical scientist, physiotherapist, sports physiologist, teacher, researcher, and more.|
|Marine Biology||The career path for this field of science includes aquaculturists, fishery biologists, environmental consultants, researchers and more.|
|Biophysics||Jobs in Biophysics include becoming nuclear medical biophysicists, clinical biophysicists, forensic biophysicists, nutritional biophysicists, professors, and more. The prime career avenue is research, and the students can work as research scientists in different government and private organisations.|
|Food and Agriculture||The jobs opportunities related to this field is very vast. Some include process development scientists, product development scientists, agricultural consultants, agricultural managers, research and development and more. Some other opportunities related to a particular career are horticulturists, floriculturists, food technologists, dairy technologists, soil scientists, plant science, animal nutritionists and more.|
|Allied Medicine||The career path of this field is very vast. A common workplace for most of these careers includes hospitals. In addition to this, pathology labs are also a prime workplace location for medical lab technologists. At the same time, physiotherapists and occupational therapists can work in clinics or even set up their own private practice. Radio technicians and optometrists work closely alongside doctors to facilitate their work. Clinical researchers work on research projects n the laboratories of hospitals, pharmaceuticals and universities.|
|Botany||Botanists can work in landscape industries, natural resource centres, environmental consultancies, researchers, teachers, taxonomists, horticulturists, nursery managers, and environmental consultants. This field includes a wide range of careers like Physiotherapy, Audiology, Occupational Therapy, Medical Lab Technology, Clinical Research, radiology and more.|
For Students to Study Abroad
|MBBS Abroad Helpline||9999709233|
|MBBS Abroad With Fees 8 Lakh||Apply Now|
|MBBS in Russia in 10 Lakh||Apply Now|
|MBBS in Russia Helpline||9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions
A. Career Options for PCB Students after 12th Except for MBBS Doctor.
> Environmental Science
> Genetics etc.
A. Take a look at the following list of top courses in Biology after 12th Except for MBBS:
> Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences.
> BTech Genetic Engineering.
> Bachelor of Pharmacy.
> BTech/BSc Food Technology.
> Bachelors in Neuroscience.
> BSc in Nutritional Biology.
> Bachelors in Molecular Biology.
> Bachelors in Biochemistry and Cell Biology.
A. No, you cannot become a doctor without studying biology in 12th.To join in medicine course, you must have good knowledge about biology. And to get admission into MBBS, B.Pharmacy, etc., you need to appear for the entrance exams, which consist of physics, chemistry and biology.
A. Yes, there are lots of career opportunities other than, for example, if you do Zoology courses other than MBBS, then the career possibilities is a PCB student with a degree in Zoology can work as a researcher, animal breeder, wildlife rehabilitator, wildlife biologist, zoo curator, conservationist, professor in colleges and more, to check the more courses career opportunities you can read the above article.