What is Dentistry?
Dentistry is a branch of medicine that deals with the anatomy, development, and diagnosis of diseases and disorders of human teeth. The one who has a degree in dentistry and practices dentistry is known as Dentist. It’s also known as dental medicine and ‘oral medicine. According to the “WHO”, oral diseases are significant common health problems due to their high incidence across the earth.
Dental problems were not common among earlier people. During that time people used to consult sculptors and things like elephant tusks were used to replace natural teeth. Later, as there was a massive rise in mouth diseases, the need for a dentist passed through everyone’s thoughts, and gradually Dentistry courses are included in medical science. Below we have reason to choose dentistry course.
- Restore the oral health and transform the lives of their patients.
- Be independent in their careers.
- Earn a good salary.
- Shape the future of oral health care.
- Provide benevolent care to their communities.
- Exercise creativity in their daily work.
- Work as part of a team
- Shape the future of oral health care
Dentistry courses are available at the undergraduate level, Post graduate level and we have provided you with Dentistry courses eligibility criteria and much more info. Let’s check.
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
|Students, who have complete the 10+2 exam with science stream and have had Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English in 12th stream, with minimum score 50% marks (40% in the case of reserved category).||5 Years|
|MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)||Admission in MDS course candidates should have Undergraduate Degree in Dental surgery is the must-have eligibility.||3 Years|
Admissions in the dentistry courses done through entrance exam. The entry to dentistry Course and other reputed dentistry colleges done through National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET). Below we have mentioned some entrance name for admission in dentistry Course.
- MU OET
BDS graduate may go for the PG degree programs leading to the Domain MDS (Master of Dental Surgery). MDS is the advanced degree in dentistry field and allows the candidates to specialize in any of its discipline. Teaching career is also open for BDS graduates. Those interested in teaching can acquire teaching jobs in any of the top Dental Colleges. They are eligible to hold positions as professors or even HOD and even get promoted to Dean. You can also open his/her own dental clinic or work as dentist in government and private hospitals.
The Job Profiles of the BDS may be the following:
- Dental Surgeon
- Oral Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologist
The Job Profiles of the MDS may be the following:
- Dental Hygienist
- Academic Lecturer
- Clinical Research Scientist
- General Practitioner
- Dentist/ Dental surgeon in clinics and hospitals
The beginning salary of a dentist may be Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 30,000 per month. After obtaining the experience and good hands-on in this field, the applicant may get a strong salary as 4 to 6 lakh per annum. There are more job chances to work in the US and the UK in the medical field with attractive salaries. You can build your clinic and receive around Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 per month.
Fresher graduate of this MDS course can demand an average annual salary of 1 Lakh INR to 2.5 Lakh INR. This salary would only increase with experience and on the type of hospitals and clinics.Job Skills and Requirements
- Oral Communication
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Manual Dexterity
- Conducting Initial Dental Assessments
- Removing Deposits from Teeth
- Assisting with Restorative Procedures
- Core skills
- Develop Care Plans
- Make Recommendations
- Administer Patient Assessments
- Coordinate Medicare and Medicaid
Top Dentistry Colleges
Here in this section we have mentioned some best BDS College colleges. Let’s checkout.
- Dental College & Hospital, Aurangabad
- Dental College & Hospital, Mumbai
- Dental College, Gujarat
- Government Dental College & Research Institute, Bengaluru
- Amrita College of Dentistry, Kerala
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Faculty of Dental Science, King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- Dental College, Thiruvananthapuram
- Govt. Dental College & Hospital, Andhra Pradesh
Here in this section we have mentioned some best MDS College colleges. Let’s checkout.
- Master of dental surgery [MDS] in Tamil Nadu
- Master of dental surgery [MDS] in Maharashtra
- Master of dental surgery [MDS] in Karnataka
- Master of dental surgery [MDS] in Uttar Pradesh
- MDS in Delhi-NCR
- MDS in Maharashtra
How we can help you?
RM Group of Education, feel proud in solving the candidate’s dilemma to identify the best college for MBBS. We understand not all can afford MBBS. With our top in class expert admission consultants, we help in domestic as well as overseas admission in top colleges around the globe. Our ISO Certified centre, dealing with 120+ courses helped many students to achieve their dream of becoming a doctor. With a success rate of 96 per cent, we are one of the best consultancies in India.
- 50+ Expert career guidance & suggestions.
- Complete Interest based counseling and career assistance support.
- 24×7*365 Days Notification panel access of major entrance exams in India.
- 1000+ Hand Written Notes & study materials support to boost Test preparation.
- Career Counseling assistance (Seat locking, Freezing & Documentation).
- Assured admission in 50+ MOU signed colleges across the country.
- Personalized counseling videos and live updates of major entrance exams in India.
Other Popular Courses
|Medicine (MBBS)||Click Here|
|Fashion Design||Click Here|
|Hotel Management||Click Here|
“What you want exists. Don’t settle until you get it”.- Jay ShettyFor Further information regarding Dental course you can contact to our Expert Counsellors by applying on https://rmgoe.org/ApplyNow
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- Is BDS a doctor?A- Yes, after BDS course you are given a title of a doctor.Q- Is BDS better than MBBS?A- Both BDS and MBBS belong to different disciplines, therefore, core subjects taught and the practicals are different. Both of them are respectful degrees.Q- Is BDS possible without NEET?A- BDS admissions are done through NEET. There are other private universities who take their own exams like AMU, COMEDK etc. Q- What is the fees for BDS?A- BDS fees varies for government and private institutions. It ranges from 1 lakh to 30 lakhs depending upon the college.Q- When does RM Group of Education established?A- RM Group of Education was established in 2008.Q- What does RM Group of Education do?A- RM Group of Education provides services like career counselling, foreign admission assistance and admission assurance in some of the top colleges.Q- How many courses RM Group of Education deals with?A- RM Group of Education engages in 120+ course which includes top courses like engineering, law, medical, ayush, pharma, dentistry etc. Q- Why choose RM Group of Education?A- RM Group of Education is an ISO 9001:2018 certified centre, it has satisfied more than 5000 students since its establishment.Q- Does RM Group of Education is accredited with trust worthy authority?A- RM Group of Education is ISO 9001:2018 certified, it has association with National Skill Development Corporation and National Career Service.