Medicine is one of the most sought after career paths across the globe, and obviously, the journey of becoming a doctor starts with gaining a degree, a degree of MBBS. However, many of us already know the drastic difference between the number of MBBS seats available in India and the number of applicants. On average, more than 12 lakhs of students try to attempt for NEET, and the approximate number of seats available every year is around 60,000. That makes around 22 students fight for one seat. Crazy, right? This is where MBBS from abroad comes into play.
- Jan 24, 2022 NEET UG 2021 Counselling: Round 1 Registration Closes Today Know more
- Jan 22, 2022 Delhi NEET Counselling 2021: IP 1st Round Counselling Begins Know more
- Jan 20, 2022 Uttar Pradesh NEET Counselling 2021: Registration Begins Know more
- MBBS in Russia Kursk State Medical University Russia 2022 Admission Open Know more
- MBBS in Kyrgyzstan LN Medical College Kyrgyzstan 2022 Admission Open Know more
- MBBS in Ukraine Zaporizhzhia State Medical University 2022 Admission Open Know more
The allure of studying in a foreign destination never fails, different city, different culture, another experience altogether. That is why don’t be surprised if we say that MBBS from abroad is becoming one of the most popular choices among Indian medical aspirants.
Yet, many students are still in pickle whether or not to choose MBBS from abroad. Meaning, a chance to study in a foreign country might be great, but at the same time, moving so far away from your home and homeland sounds scary. So, students and their parents need to decide whether studying MBBS abroad is a good option. And for that, we are going to enlist all the good and the bad things that will help you understand every aspect of it and make an informed decision.
Why To Choose MBBS From Abroad?
So, before making the right call, know about all the points that will make you understand why MBBS from abroad is a good option.
1. From 2018, NEET, a highly competitive entrance exam, become compulsory for applying for MBBS courses on an international level. Yet, the competition is less compared to Indian institutes. Around 3 times as many students are applying for the MBBS course in Indian as the number of seats available; along with that, the competition is cutthroat as admission takes place based on the rank secured. In short, for Indian students to apply for MBBS from abroad, they have the least requirements in terms of NEET, which is a low dependency on NEET rank. Hurray!
2. Whereas the government medical, educational institutes in India are affordable, private medical colleges create a hole in the pocket, costing students around 50 to 60 lakhs to complete the MBBS degree. On the other hand, other countries like China, the Philippines, Russia, Germany, and a few, are offering the same course with a minimum cost, up to 25 to 30 lakhs (based on the country). Not only that, but meanwhile, many hidden costs are included in studying at a private medical college in India, which can easily be omitted by studying MBBS from abroad, where the costs are considerably upfront. To know about the best overseas country for MBBS, Apply Now
3. NMC approved broad medical institutes, when meeting the local standards of education regulations, to provide a high quality of education to all MBBS students. As contrasted to domestic institutes, medical colleges abroad face broad criticism to maintain quality standards. The abroad medical institutes are well equipped with modern technologies that help students learn and gain practical knowledge on an advanced level. Also, various institutes that offer MBBS from abroad use English to learn, which helps students from different nations avoid language problems within the campus.
4. Education from abroad is a learning experience in itself, no matter what the course is. It aids the students to learn about a different culture and make them understand and adopt a new environment. Studying MBBS from abroad exposes the students to various medical conditions, advanced technology, state-of-the-art machinery, and facilities. Along with that, Indian students interact with other students from other nations, helping them understand and learn things from different mindsets.
Challenges Of Studying MBBS From Abroad
Now that you have known the pros of studying MBBS from abroad, it is time to know about the cons as well. But nite the point that the cons that we are mentioning are the factors that can be overcome.
1. Medical colleges are sprouting everywhere, be it India or abroad, but not all of them are recognised. Before selecting a country to study MBBS from abroad, students must know whether the college/university they are selecting is recognised in their own country and the National Medical Commission (NMC).
Visit the website of the NMC and know if the college you are interested in is recognised by the NMC or not. Along with the NMC, students must also check if the WHO recognises the college or not. If the given organisations do not approve the college, then a degree from those colleges will most likely not be used in the student’s career.
2. After completing their MBBS degree from abroad, students must pass the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) screening test to obtain the license to practice in India. FMGE is based on the MBBS curriculum, and the student must obtain at least 50% marks to qualify.
3. Some abroad colleges do not let their students gain practical knowledge, which is important for studying MBBS. So, while checking about the college, check out the practical exposure provided by the institutes. Also, never forget to check the reviews given to the colleges by their fellow students to gain maximum knowledge about the university.
4. Even the medium of learning is in English in various nations, yet the local language plays an important role. In some nations, the students might also have to learn the local language; for example, in China, the students must learn Mandarin; in Russia, learning Russian is important, etc. Also, staying away from your family for more than 5 years is not easy and certainly takes a lot of time for students to adjust.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ’s)
Q. Which country is best for MBBS for Indian students?
Ans. Below we have mentioned Top Countries for Indian Students to Study MBBS Abroad at low-cost admission.
Q. Is life abroad better than in India?
Ans: Every person mostly has a dream to live abroad. But no other country is better than living in India because India is a combination of the world’s various countries and every region has its own specification to live there. Every person mostly has a dream to live abroad.
Q. How can I get an MBBS seat abroad?
Ans. No entrance test is required to seek Admission for MBBS Abroad; students need to secure a minimum of 50% in their 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Q. Can I study MBBS abroad without NEET?
Ans. No. Without NEET, MBBS admission is not possible in India as well as abroad.