MD/MS in India is one of the most famous career options for PG Medical aspirants looking to pursue in Top PG Medical Colleges in India. MD stands for Doctor of Medicine, and it involves 3-year Clinical training in Medicine. MS stands for Doctor of Surgery, which consists of the speciality training to treat patients/diseases through various Surgical procedures. MD/MS admission in India is based on the NEET PG entrance exam, the single national-level PG medical entrance examination conducted by NBE.
|MD Clinical Courses||MD/MS Non-Clinical Courses|
|MD – Radiology||MD – Pharmacology|
|MD – Paediatrics||MD – Patdology|
|MD – Obstetrtics & Gynaecology||MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine|
|MD – General Medicine||MD – Forensic Medicine|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||MD – Physiology|
|MD – Psychiatry||MD – Anatomy|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||MD – Bio-Chemistry|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases||MD – Microbiology|
|MD – Radiotherapy||-|
|MS Surgical Courses||MS Surgical Courses|
|MS – Orthopaedics||MS – Ophthalmology|
|MS – General Surgery||MS – ENT|
1. Aspirants must possess an MBBS degree / provisional Pass Certificate, which is recognised per the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
2. They should also possess a permanent / provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
2. They must have completed the duration of their internship on or before July 31, 2022.
● Counselling Process will be organized by the MCC (Medical Counseling Committee) for all of India’s 50% quota seats.
● The authority will be conducting online 4 rounds of All India Quota Counselling (Round 1, Round 2, Mop-Up Round and Stray Vacancy Round) from the academic year 2022-23 onwards.
|Counselling Name||Conducting authority||Participating institutes|
|MCC (AIQ)||Directorate General of Health Services, Medical Counselling Committee||50% AIQ seats in government institutions, central universities, deemed universities, ESIC and AFMS institutes|
|State Quota||Respective state government/authorities||85% state quota seats in government colleges, 100% seats in private medical, minority institutes, universities established by an act of state, municipal bodies trust, society or company located in the state.|
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th||275|
SC / ST/ OBC
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
|College Name||NIRF Rank|
|Christian Medical College, Vellore||3|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||10|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||23|
|Christian Medical College, Ludhiana||--|
|St John’s National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore||--|
|Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai||14|
|JSS Medical College, Mysore||24|
|Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, New Delhi||--|
|SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Chennai||--|
|Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana||26|