The “Medical field” is one of the best, reputed and respected professional fields in India and abroad. When we talk about Medical, an image of an MBBS rises in our mind. It is not so! There are various courses other than MBBS in the medical field in India. But the question is still there! What is the best medical course after 12th in science and after 12th in biology?
As we all know, the Science stream consists of two main groups. They are –
- Jan 20, 2022 Uttar Pradesh NEET Counselling 2021: Registration Begins Know more
- Jan 19, 2022 NEET UG 2021 Counselling: Registration begins today Know more
- Jan 19, 2022 NEET PG 2021: The seat allotment list will be released on 22nd Jan Know more
- MBBS in Russia Kursk State Medical University Russia 2022 Admission Open Know more
- MBBS in Kyrgyzstan LN Medical College Kyrgyzstan 2022 Admission Open Know more
- MBBS in Georgia Caucasus International University 2022 Admission Open Know more
- MBBS in Ukraine Zaporizhzhia State Medical University 2022 Admission Open Know more
- PCM Group (Mathematics)
- PCB Group (Biology)
Note: PCMB is also a possibility. Engineering is a trendy choice among PCM group students. Similarly, MBBS is a trendy choice among PCB group students! It is not uncommon to see Biology group students vying for Medical seats! But MBBS education is very competitive in India. The number of medical seats is deficient when compared to the aspirants appearing for medical entrance exams!
In India, there are two types of Medical colleges. They are –
- Government Medical Colleges (State & Central Govt operated)
- SF (Self-Financed Medical Colleges)
Government Colleges are known to offer medical education at subsidized rates! The cost, to a large extent, is borne by the Government (State or Central). But the number of Govt MBBS seats are limited. Among hundreds of thousands of aspirants, only a handful of candidates can land Government seats! Self-Financed MBBS seats are also quite limited in number! SF Colleges and Universities charge a hefty fee, though! For many aspirants and their families, this fee is not affordable! At such a time, Biology group students look around them for alternatives! And they do have a handful of good courses to choose from. Here they are
List of Biology Courses Other Than MBBS
BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental Surgery. To become a Dentist, one must complete this academic program. This course is 5 years long (including internship).
This course will help you become a Registered Nurse (RN)! The course duration is 3-4 years. The academic program consists of classroom lectures and practical training.
B.PHARM. (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
B.Pharm. The degree will help you become a licensed chemist in India. The course duration is 4 years. The course primarily focuses on subjects like pharmacy, chemistry, biology and healthcare.
Pharm D and B.Pharm. Are two different courses! Pharm D course stands for Doctor of Pharmacy. It is more advanced than B.Pharm. Course! The course duration is 6 years.
BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. Unlike MBBS, this course focuses on concepts of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic medicine. After completing this course, one will earn the title of Doctor (Ayurveda). The course is 5.5 years long.
BHMS stands for Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery. This discipline aims at treating patients using homoeopathic methods and medicine. After completing this course, one will earn the title of Doctor (Homeopathic). The course is 5.5 years long.
BUMS stands for Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery. This discipline aims at treating patients using the Unani system of healing. The course is 5.5 years long.
BPT stands for Bachelor of Physiotherapy. This discipline uses massages, exercises, and muscles to treat patients who have suffered injuries from accidents or are recovering from surgeries. The course is 4.5 years long.
B.V.SC. & A.H.
This course is popularly known as Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry. This discipline focuses on the use of biology and technology to treat and prevent diseases occurring in animals. The course is years long.
BOT (Bachelor of Occupational Therapy)
BOT course focuses on Occupational Therapy. This discipline is all about using exercises, training, aiding devices, environmental adaptation and equipment to treat patients suffering from physical, mental, emotional and neurological limitations. The course is 4.5 years long.
BASLP (Bachelor of Audiology Speech-Language Pathology)
This course focuses on subjects such as – audiology, hearing disorders, auditory systems and speech-language therapy. The course is 5 years long (including the internship).
OTHER B.SC. Courses
B.Sc. Nursing is the most popular science course among biology students. Apart from nursing, there are many other relevant science courses available in India. Some of them are –
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- B.Sc. Biology
- B.Sc. Physics
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Environmental Science
- B.Sc. Biotechnology
- B.Sc. Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. Radiology
- B.Sc. Bioinformatics
- B.Sc. Anthropology
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- B.Sc. Zoology
- B.Sc. Forensic Science
- B.Sc. Agriculture
- B.Sc. Pathology
- B.Sc. Speech Therapy
- B.F.Sc. (Fisheries Science)
- B.Sc. Horticulture
- B.Sc. Genetics
- B.Sc. Health Science and Nutrition
- B.Sc. Sports Science
- B.Sc. Audiology
- B.Sc. Botany
Paramedical courses are related to the allied healthcare sector. Such courses deal with subjects like medical lab technology, diagnosis technology, radiology etc. Here are some of the best paramedical courses available in India –
- B.Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology
- B.Sc. in X Ray Technology
- B.Sc. in Radiography and Medical Imaging
- B.Sc. in Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. in Medical Record Technology
- B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc. in Ophthalmic Technology
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. in Speech Therapy
- BASLP Course
- B.Sc. in Audiology
- B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology
- B.Sc. in Audiology and Speech Therapy
- B.Sc. in Optometry
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology (DOTT)
- Diploma in X Ray Technology
- Diploma in Radiography and Medical Imaging
- Diploma in ECG Technology
- Diploma in Dialysis Technology
- Diploma in Medical Record Technology
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Anaesthesia Technology
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant
- Diploma in Sanitary Inspector
- Diploma in Hearing Language and Speech (DHLS)
- Diploma in Dental Hygienist
- Diploma in Audiometry Technician
- Diploma in Audiology and Speech Therapy
- X-Ray/Radiology Assistant (or Technician)
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Operation Theatre Assistant
- Nursing Care Assistant (Certificate)
- ECG Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Ophthalmic Assistant
- CT Scan Technician
- Dialysis Technician
- MRI Technician
Apart from the above-mentioned courses, PCB group students also have access to job-oriented Diploma courses, Certificate courses and ITI programs. In short, they do have access to many professional courses! If you are unable to bag an MBBS seat this time, don’t get upset! You may give it another shot or choose a good course from the list provided above.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Q- When does the RM Group of Education establish?
A- RM Group of Education was established in 2008.
Q- What does RM Group of Education do?
A- RM Group of Education provides career counselling, foreign admission assistance, and admission assurance in some top colleges.
Q- Why choose RM Group of Education?
A- RM Group of Education is an ISO 9001:2018 certified centre; it has satisfied more than 5000 students since its establishment.
Q- Does RM Group of Education is accredited with trust worthy authority?
A- RM Group of Education is ISO 9001:2018 certified; it collaborates with National Skill Development Corporation and National Career Service.